Carrot is an extremely healthy vegetable which is used all around the world. It can be easily included in almost every meal or salad. One of the most prominent benefits of carrots is that they can relieve flu symptoms as well as prevent respiratory disorders such as colds and coughs.
Today we present a way to prepare carrot syrup, is a recipe that combined with honey and lemon, form an excellent ally against respiratory conditions. Take note of your preparation, it is very good. Carrot is one of the most popular and consumed vegetables in the world. Due to their excellent taste and possessing great nutritional properties they have been used in the preparation of recipes and in the natural medicine itself for many years.
Carrots have a large number of properties, the best known being their great ability to improve the appearance of the skin and eye health.
However, not many people know their great qualities to combat disorders of the respiratory system, such as phlegm, cough, flu or colds; this is due, among other things, to its richness in vitamin B and C, which favor the strengthening of our immune system.
To make this powerful homemade syrup the only thing we are going to need are carrots, lemon and honey, cheap ingredients that you already have at home and that will help us combat the most common cold and flu symptoms in an effective and completely natural way.
- 5 or 6 large carrots
- 1 lemon squeezed (juice)
- 4 or 5 tablespoons honey
- For 5 or 6 large carrots, cut into several pieces and boil in little water for a few minutes until soft.
- Let stand until mixture is cool.
- Crush the carrots with a fork, add the juice of one squeezed lemon and 4 or 5 tablespoons of honey.
- Stir well until ingredients are incorporated and refrigerated in a tightly closed glass jar.
METHOD OF USE:
- Take 4 to 5 tablespoons a day of this syrup until the symptoms completely disappear.
BENEFITS OF TAKING THIS REMEDY
- Apart from the aforementioned benefits of combating flu and cold symptoms, this simple home-made syrup will help us:
- Treat pain and inflammation of joints, muscles, and bones.
- Fight stress, calm nerves, and anxiety.
- It will give us energy thanks to its great contribution of vitamins and minerals such as phosphorus or potassium.
- Cure gastritis, heartburn, and heartburn.
- Not recommended if: You suffer from diabetes (because of its sugar content).
- Or you are taking diuretic medications, as it may enhance its effect.